tabs

es about us es contact es archive es challenge es we love 9 es recipes es pintests es links

Friday 20 June 2014

Craft Favourite: Chalk Marker

You know those products that sometimes you see and think, "huh, what's the point?"... and then you try out said product and realise that actually it's awesome, and then wonder how you ever lived without it?!
Well, that's the story for me with Chalk Markers. Having started out thinking that a regular stick of chalk would be just fine for an outdoors project, I soon realised after a night of heavy rain that I needed something more substantial.

This lead me to buying a chalk marker from amazon, and I have to say - it's amazing! It is so much easier to write with than a stick of chalk, has much better definition, and so far (2 months later) it is water resistant.
This did prove a little tricky when I first started using it as it really doesn't budge; I'd suggest using a pencil to outline your writing first to make things easier. If you make a mistake and wash it straight away it will probably be fine, but after 24 hours this stuff isn't going anywhere!

The only question now is, how many other objects can I cover in blackboard paint just so that I can write on them?! :)


Do you have a crafty product that you can't live without? We'd love to hear about it!

Skye


1 comment:

  1. I keep seeing chalkboard markers online and think about getting them but never do, we're doing up our garden at the moment (its a Looooong process) and love the idea of blackboard marjers for my veggie patch.Then after that the kitchen will get a refit and I love the idea of having blackboard spaces in the garden and also having a big blackboard wall in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...